Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lillie

This little girl brings so many things into my life that I didn't know I was missing.  She is constantly amazing me with her sweet personality, humor, intelligence and love.  I'm not perfect by any means as a mother, but this little girl loves me and shows me all of the time.



Lillie picks up some of the funniest things.  She is always making us laugh with the things she comes up with.  The other day she just started saying "That's not true." to everything we say to her.  She picked it up from a movie called Alpha and Omega. (it's on netflix and it's about wolves. I don't know why she loves it, but she does.)  Anyway, Charli was over at my house a couple of weeks back and Lillie started to draw on a project I had been working on while I was out of the room.  When I came back into the room, Charli told me that Lillie had been trying to draw on my paper and Lillie looked at me and said "that's NOT TRUE!"  It made us both laugh.

Lillie is so good for my ego.  Whenever I am working on a project, Lillie will say "that's so cute, mom."  or "I love it."  She is always telling me she wants to work on a project or paint with me.  She loves loves doing projects. 


Lillie loves her sister.  If Addie starts to fuss at all, Lillie will say,"it's ok sister.  I feed you, ok. Be happy, ok."  She smothers Addie with kisses all the time and tries to hold her.  She loves it when I will put Addie on her arm so they can lay by each other and still let her feel like she is holding Addie. 



Lillie talks and talks.  Her favorite thing is to tell me what she wants to do tomorrow.  "I go see Ryder tomorrow, ok."  or "I go to nan's house tomorrow, ok."  She says "ok" all the time. If I ask her if she wants some yogurt, for example, she will usually say "ok".  She rarely says yes.  It's always ok.

She can navigate the ipad like it's nobody's business.  Seriously.  This little girl is a genious at all things touch screen.  She will say, I want to watch a movie, then she will go to the ipad, open the folder with netflix, open netflix, scroll to the movie she said she wanted and then play it for herself. 

She remembers everything.  I try to disctract her from something that she wants and as soon as I am done telling her what I am trying to distract her with (she is having a conversation with me) she will bring up the thing she wanted orginally anyway. 


We are "trying" to potty train.  I use the word "trying" loosely though.  She could totally be potty trained by now if she wanted to be.  I say to her why don't you go on the toilet.  She will say to me "I don't want to go on the toilet."  She hides whenever she gets a messy diaper, then comes and finds me to tell me that she is stinky.  She totally could be toilet trained.  That little stinker.

Lillie is a girly girl.  She loves jewelry, makeup and shoes.  Oh boy, does she ever love shoes.  She especially loves her boots.  I love that she likes to get dressed up. 

She brings so much joy into my life.  I love her.

1 comment:

Heather H said...

She is such a cute girl!