We started out the day about 7:00 in the morning opening presents at our house. Lillie was still sleeping, but I woke her up and we got started since we had so many things to do that day. Plus I was so excited to see her reaction when she saw her play kitchen for the first time.
She knew just what to do when it came to opening presents. I have to tell you something cute that Lillie said. In our stockings, there were some videos for the family (Kung Fu Panda 2 and Cars 2.) "Panda" was in Lillie's stocking, and Cars was in John's stocking. Well, as soon as John pulled it out, Lillie said "it's dad's favorite!" Later that week, I was putting Cars 2 in for her to watch for the first time and she said, "No, that's daddy's favorite. Don't touch." I said to her that daddy had told me it would be ok for her to watch and she said "ok." and was fine watching it after that. Then again today, she pulled the movie out and said, "Look mom. It's dad's favorite!" It cracks me up that she remembers that he was the one that got it for Christmas and because of that, it's his favorite. She also says that Panda is Lillie's favorite.
Lillie loved her play kitchen. Still does. She makes us food everyday. I have a little table and stools that she has next to it that she plays with. It is really fun to watch her use her imagination.
Here is the video from when she first saw the kitchen on Christmas morning.
(Lillie's got this doll from Grandma and Grandpa Mangum. She loves it and was making food for her in her new kitchen after church. I thought it was so cute.)
We hurried back to church (which was at 11) and I played my flute, which I think went well. I don't get asked to play very often anymore, so I really enjoy it when I have the chance.
After church, we went down to the Sumsion's house to open gifts there. We had a great time eating lunch and then opening a lot of fun gifts. I wish I would have taken more pictures...... We all got a big surprise from Anna and Jeff. Anna is pregnant! We are so excited for them and can't wait to have another neice/nephew in August. We also got to talk with Jordan on Skype. He sounds like he is doing so well on his mission. We are so proud of both of our missionary brothers!
No comments:
Post a Comment