Saturday, July 10, 2010

While John was gone......

Lillie and I had a busy busy week.  I wanted to get some craft projects done while John was at Lake Powell, and while I did get some accomplished, I didn't get to do everything.  Lillie has been sick this week with croup, so my projects got the backburner.

I know a lot of you (ok, all 3 of you that read this) are probably wondering why I didn't go to Powell with John and his family.  It is a long story, but the simplified answer is that Lillie needed me.  I wanted to go, but I couldn't pump enough milk for Lillie to eat if I went and she wouldn't take a bottle.  So, I got to stay home and good thing I did.  I would have felt awful to leave and have her get sick like she is.


Moving on. We still had a fun time at family BBQs and parties.  Lillie didn't like the fireworks.  I think they scared her a little. She was fine though as long as we kept our distance.






When I had a spare moment, this is what I did:

I wanted to start a fun tradition with our kids for their birthdays.  I saw this wreath on a different blog and loved the idea of pulling it out for every birthday just to make it a little more special then every other day.


I didn't have any patriotic decor, so I made this using some cheap wood, paint and hot glue....yes, hot glue.  I didn't have the right nails, so I improvised.


Lastly, I haven't quite finished these yet, but I thought I would show the work in progress.  I wanted something to hold shoes in our mudroom and found the plans to make this on a website called knockoffwood.com.  It was perfect and surprisingly not too hard to make.
I still need to add the front kickplate on this bench.  The wood I got for it is warped and I definitely need it straight.  I obviously need to paint it too.  The only question is, black or red? thoughts?


This is the shelf that goes above the bench.  It still needs a little work, but I am proud of the results of both.

So, that is my week in a nut shell.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my heck! Jonie! You are AMAZING! Just like yo' Momma!!! I am so impressed by your creativeness and your abilities to make such wonderful things! Way to go!!!!!
So glad Lillie is feeling better! She is so adorable! Thanks for sharing her photos - I love that little face so much! It just makes me so happy to see her (and you by the way)
Love you tons and tons!!!

Lisa Pett said...

I vote red! I LOVE doing wood projects like that but I never seem to have the energy to do them alone. So if you ever want someone to sand, prime, paint or nail gun with come on over and get me!

(by the way, found you on Heather Jordan's blog) :-)

Charlotte and Jared Nelson said...

Holy cow! I don't think I will ever be able to get that much accomplished! haha They look awesome!