Thursday, June 17, 2010

laughable

I have been thinking about some stories that just make me laugh and thought I would share.

About a month ago, John and I were backing out of the garage when we saw two little kids walking across our lawn and up the front steps.  They were holding water balloons.  John got out and asked if they were having fun and they told him they were making a special delivery.  They left the four balloons on our porch and left. 
Random? yes.
Awesome? also yes!

My neighbor has twin girls.  They are adorable, and apparently they are collectively naughty.  She was telling me that they were in their room crying the other day and their dad went into their room to check on them.  As soon as he got inside, one of the girls screamed "Stomp on his feet!!" and they both immediately ran over and started stomping on his feet.  I thought it was hilarious.  Who comes up with that?

My cousin (who will remain nameless...for now) was over at my parents house one day.  She was having an argument about octopuses.  She was convinced that they had 9 testicals.  ha ha.....anyway, the fight continued and the girls went to my sister Jessie and asked her.  She told them that they definitely do only have 8 testicals. ha ha....she didn't realize that they were saying the wrong thing either.  Dang those teNticles.

I was telling John that I wanted wainscoting in our front room.  He said huh?  So I said I wanted paneling.  He then went on to say "ya, like Pamela Anderson.  Pameling.  Get it?"  I started laughing and said, "you do know that it is paNeling, not paMeling.  right?"  He was pretty convinced that I was wrong.  It made me laugh.

There is a new commercial out.  It. Is. HILARIOUS!!!  I was laughing so hard I was crying.  If any of you see the new double dare fruit roll ups commercial you will understand.  It starts with two boys.  One opens the fruit roll up and it has a dare written on it.  He says to his friend, I dare you to jump on one foot until I say stop.  The friend gets up and starts jumping.  Fast forward.  They are adults.  The man is still jumping.  His leg that he has been jumping on is muscular and huge while the other is puny and shriveled.  The mans friend drives by in a car.  He waits expecting him to say stop.  The other friend simply waves and drives off.  The man throws his stuff at his friends car and says "come on, man!"

Ya, I am giggling to myself just remembering this commercial.  My family doesn't think it is as funny as I do, so.... you might not either....but if you do, let me know so that I can re-enact it with someone sometime.

That's all for now, but you may see another addition of Laughable again.  Hope these made you laugh as much as they made me laugh.

5 comments:

Annie Rosdahl said...

I like the Stomping of the feet the most and the fact that they are 4 makes it even funnier!

Kim & Campbell said...

your too funny!

John Sumsion said...

Ok, I was totally kidding about the paMeling thing. My wife has this great memory, but it can be selective at times. I just worry want she is going to remember about our lives when we are old and looking back at all the memories. I could totally see her saying something like “do you remember the time you said Pamaling…. Hahahahah”. She remembers the most random things… I love you babe.

Unknown said...

TOOO funny! Thanks Jonie! I really needed to laugh tonight! Perfect timing!!!
And, I'll dare you to jump if you want to re-enact it....
:0)

Mari said...

Bah ha ha...
Tentacles, lol.