Saturday, April 24, 2010

Random thoughts and tulips

This morning, I was headed to my mom's house to work out and I saw a couple of boys about the age of 13 hanging out on the street corner.  As I drove by, I noticed they were holding up signs that said, "Free Hugs".  I hope they were successful.

This week, I have been to the gym every day with my mom and Charli, occasionally I have made it twice in one day.  My whole family has been working out more.  On a totally un-related side note, our family pictures are next Friday.

I went to the Tulip festival with John and Lillie today.  We had a really great time.  The weather was perfect.  In fact, I was so excited to share our pictures that we just barely got home and I am already posting. :)


Before we left, I gave Lillie my lip gloss because she likes to hold things while we are driving.  When we got to Thanksgiving Point, she had magically opened it (the lid TWISTS OFF) and put it all over her lips.  There is now spit inside of it.  She was really proud of herself though. See: (Notice those two little cute teeth?)

The gardens were everything I had imagined they would be.  The flowers were such beautiful colors and the grass was so green. (John pointed out the grass more than once and asked why their grass was so much greener than ours.  I told him it was because he killed ours.  He just told me that it's not dead it's just yellow for now.)

We of course used the opportunity to get some pictures of Lillie with the flowers.  I think that she really liked them.  We tried not to let her pick the flowers, but she managed to pick one.  Maybe one is ok though because it was just a small one and it looks darling in this picture of her holding it.


Here are a couple more I liked.



I have never gone to the festival before, but I might just have to make it a tradition.  It was so nice to go on a walk through the gardens on such a pretty day.  If you are wondering whether to go or not, I would definitely recommend it!

3 comments:

jessie said...

just want to kiss that face of hers!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing!!! Love that baby! Love you! Love John!!! What a fun and wonderful day!!!

Kim & Campbell said...

I spy...Sorry for spying on your blog I just noticed it while checking out you facebook...Lillie is such a cutie.