The biggest thing is probably that we are buying a house! We have been looking at houses and builders for months now trying to find a house that we loved and would like to live in for the next 5-7 years. I tell you, it has been a tiring process, but so worth it! We found a GREAT house last week. Let me just tell you the process it took because it is nothing short of a miracle.
Last Tuesday we found a house that we thought would be a good house to buy, but one that we would need to fix up. We got pre-approved and then decided to sleep on it and see if we felt the same way the next day. I felt pretty good about it when we left (mostly because I love a good project and that house was full of them) so I posted on facebook that we found a house.
We have been trying to find a renter for our current house and we thought we had found one. It was this woman that was single....the problem.....she wanted to move into the house in a week and a half. We were trying to find a storage unit and we were thinking we would have to live with family until we could get our house.
After I posted on facebook, a good friend of mine from high school told me he was interested in renting our house and so the process began. He and his wife and baby came over to look at it and told us that they would love to move in. The best part was that they would just move in after we moved into our next house. Blessing #1.
The next day, we wanted to look at some other houses to see if we were really still loving the house in Provo. The only house that we could get lined up to look at was one that we almost didn't go see because it didn't have a basement and it had an HOA fee of $7. Also, the only time we could look at it that day was during the time that I normally teach lessons. After going back and forth about whether to look or not, I decided to reschedule my lessons and go take a look.
The house was BEAUTIFUL!!!! It was located in Lehi which is where John and I wanted to live anyway. As we walked through it, we just kept saying "we could totally live here." (I will get pictures on here later of it.)
We told our real estate agent, Shelley, that we wanted to put in an offer. That night, she sent us the paper work and we looked over it, signed, changed the offer and little and submitted our offer. The next day, the people counter offered. (This is where the biggest blessing came in) It turns out that the sellers agent had listed his phone number wrong on the MLS website. Our real estate agent was the only one that was able to find the right number and set up an appointment. The house had been on the market for 2 days when we saw it. They fixed the number on the 3rd day. That day, 4 other people contacted the sellers agent to schedule a showing of the house. It was a full day AFTER our offer had been submitted. The sellers agreed that if we were to accept the counter offer that the house would be ours. We were stunned. We shouted into the phone "WE ACCEPT!!!" and then the process began.
Now, all of the fun stuff is going on in preparation of us moving into the house. The home inspection will be tomorrow and we are hoping to close by the 15th of Feb.
Everything has lined up so well for us and we really couldn't be more excited. I just wanted to write this all down. I could probably talk about all of the ways that I want to decorate the house because that is all that goes through my mind (wall colors, decorations, projects) but, instead, I will wait until I can show you pictures of all of them completed.
Here's a Lillie update for any of you that are still reading :)
She is finally rolling over on purpose from her back to front side. She is just as happy as ever and now has learned to blow raspberries. She is always talking/babbling. she says mama all the time and just started saying dada on Monday. John couldn't stop smiling after she said it for the first time. She loves to give kisses and will attack your head to give you kisses and then laugh. I love her little giggle and I love that she is giggling more freely now. Basically, we are just loving everything that Lillie does.
I will post some pictures of Lillie tonight after I get my camera back from my mother in laws house. (I accidentally left it there.) After the house inspection tomorrow I may try to take some pictures to show.
3 comments:
That is AWESOME! I am so excited for you guys! It all worked out perfectly for you guys!
Congratulations! That sounds so fun. I hope it all keeps going well. I definately want to see pictures!
Yeah for living close to Me!!! And Lillie also likes to play with my old toys you didn't put that on!!
Post a Comment