Monday, August 17, 2009

Two Weeks!

I have tried to update three times now, but every time I start a new post, Lillie wakes up. It is like a sixth sense she has about me trying to do anything that doesn't involve holding her or feeding her:)
Today was her two week appointment! I can hardly believe that she has been here for two weeks now. She is 8 lbs 9 oz and is 21 inches long now. It's crazy to me that she has grown two inches already. I guess she is taking after my side of the family as far as height goes :)

These past two weeks have been so amazing and trying all at the same time. I didn't know that my body could function on such little sleep, but everytime I look at that sweet little face I can't help but smile and laugh. She is the sweetest little girl. I love that she plays with her hands all the time. She hates having her hands swadled in with the rest of her. When I come in to check on her while she is asleep, she more often than not will have her hands up above her head or next to her face. It is really cute. Also, she loves to suck on things. She will suck on anything that gets near her face. I think it is adorable when she gets those little fingers in there. She doesn't really know how to suck on her thumb properly yet, so the rest of her fingers are most likely poking her in the eye just so that she can get that little thumb in her mouth.


She figured out how to talk today. It is pretty dang cute. John asked me if it was normal for her to be making that much noise and started to get worried. I told him that she was just talking and that if she were hurting or needed something then she would be making some very different kinds of sounds. :) It is really sweet to listen to her. The doctor even commented that she is quite the little talker while we were at her appointment.
The last couple of nights have been pretty rough. John's post at 3:00 AM was on the night that it was the hardest. Lillie was really having an awful night. She was up for 5 and a half hours straight fussing and wanting to eat but then throwing it up. I was really concerned. I talked to the doctor about it because it was uncharacteristic of her to be crying and fussing, but also, she was throwing up a lot and was having a hard time breathing. The other thing is that everytime she would yawn, I could see throw up coming up into her mouth and gagging her. The doctor told me that she has acid reflux. So we are going to try some medicine for her and see if that makes a difference. I really hope it does because it just breaks my heart to see her hurting.

I am really enjoying being a mom. It is so fun to see Lillie change and learn new little things. I love it that she knows my voice and will respond to it when I talk. She is such a sweet new part of our lives and I love it!
Here are a couple of pictures of the cuteness that I get to see every day!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Lillie is BEAUTIFUL. I need to hold her. Now.