Well, I had my dr. appointment yesterday. He checked me for the first time and my heck, that baby isn't anywhere near ready to come. 0% effaced, 0 dialation, the baby is as high as she can get, and my cervix is rock hard. Bummer! All week I had fantisized that when he would check me I would be at like a 2 or a 3 and he would tell me that I would probably have this baby any day. Instead he told me that if he were a gambling man that he would bet that I would be back in his office in a week to get checked again. He then went on to say that if he had to bet further, he would bet that I would make it to full term and that I would have an 8 lbs or more baby. The one thing that really makes it all ok is the fact that my pregnancy has been so easy so far. I really don't mind being pregnant, I just wouldn't mind being not pregnant too. :)
Other than that, the baby is healthy and I am doing really good. The doctor was saying that I needed to pay attention to the baby's activity levels, but then went on to say that he didn't think that would be a problem considering she kicked him twice while he was checking me :) I mostly just can't wait to meet this little trouble maker and play dress up with all of the cute little outfits that we have for her.
On an amusing side note, my dad has given me date restrictions. For those of you that don't know, my dad travels a lot with work. He is currently in California and gets back next Tuesday. He has informed me that I am allowed to have the baby anytime between the 21-30 of July and then I would have to wait until the 10th of August because he will be in Cambridge from the 30-10th. My dad is a little bit excited if you can't tell. I love it though. My dad just loves babies. Another example of this....my mom was telling me the other day that my dad wanted to buy a case of diapers to keep at their house just in case the baby would need it. Yes, you heard me right. Not a little package of diapers, a costco size case of diapers. :) It made me laugh. Can you tell that this is the first grandchild?
I will definitely keep updating, but don't expect a baby in the next week because it isn't going to happen. (I am trying to stay realistic and not get my hopes up. I think it will be easier that way:))
4 comments:
Good luck. I was 41 weeks when Julia came. Adria was only 3 days late because I had an awesome dr. that induced me. Good luck with the labor and stuff. I'll be in Utah at the end of Aug. I'd love to see you guys!
I keep daydreaming that my baby will come a little bit early but I keep telling myself that anytime before october is ok (he's due sept 21). I just hope that these next few weeks go by quickly and you are as comfortable as possible!
I was also 41 weeks when little Z came, hopefully your baby will come much sooner than Z. I hope you are doing excellent and feel awesome! I also just wanted to tell you that you have a wonderful dad! He did so many amazing, selfless things for me in band. I love you guys!
although being dialiated, effaced, and having the baby down is exciting, it sometimes doesn't mean anything. I was a 4 for 3 weeks with Jack. My mucus plug was gone, effaced 50%. So you never know, it could just come out of nowhere! I'm home so I'll call ya this week!
Post a Comment