Sunday, March 1, 2009

A long overdue post!

I feel like I haven't posted in forever....maybe because it has been awhile, but it is definitely overdue. I haven't been able to upload any pictures because I don't have my camera cord, so now I am using my sisters computer to finally update.

We have been really busy keeping up with work and John has been trying to get through this semester. We were able to take a break though over Presidents Day weekend. John and I went down to Las Vegas and Lake Havasu. We left Friday the 13th and stopped in Vegas to spend the night at the Circus circus hotel. I thought it would be really cool to walk over to the Bellagio......did you know that the Bellagio is over 2 miles away from the Circus Circus hotel? Well, it is. We learned it the hard way. We started walking and it was freezing cold! The wind was blowing the wrong direction which made it even more of an adventure. We stopped at a Starbucks to get a drink of water and asked how much further to the Belaggio. When we heard that we decided that we should go back to the hotel because it was already 10:30. So we walked a little over two miles just to go to a starbucks and drink some water.

The next day we drove the rest of the way down to Arizona to visit Jeremy and Stephanie (John's best friend and his wife). We had so much fun. While we were there, they were having a competition between all of the major fireworks distributors to see who could put on the best show. the winner would be able to do the show on the fourth of july over the London Bridge. Every night, a different distributor would put on the show which would last at least 3-4 hours. It was really cool. We went and actually watched one of the shows on Saturday and it was filled with some of the coolest fireworks I have ever seen. some of the fireworks were so loud that you could actually feel it. I think it scared the baby because every time one of the big fireworks would go off, I would feel a little flutter in my stomach. It was really cool to feel that. ;) here are some pictures from that night.






Also, while we were there they were having a fair of sorts. As part of the fair they were having an old car show. here are a couple of the cars we saw. They were really cool. I especially liked the pink one :)



In baby news, this is my 17 week picture. I am definitely starting to show, but I feel great so it's all good.


My mom bought us our crib. she found it on ksl.com from this lady that buys overstock and then sales it. It was never used and still in the box, but we put it up to make sure that all of the pieces were still there. I LOVE it! It is one of those cribs that converts from a crib to a day bed to a full size bed. I really like that feature. I also really like the drawer that is underneath it. We don't really have a lot of space for storing baby stuff, so this is really perfect for us.


we have our ultrasound appointment scheduled, so take your guesses as far as whether it is a boy or a girl. We already know it is a baby (that is what my dad says when we ask him what he thinks we are going to have.) the appointment is March 18th.

2 comments:

Katie Lane said...

Cute cute crib, and cute belly. I am guessing girl. You should put one of those polls up on your blog.

Pease Family said...

Jonie you look so good!!! I'm really excited for you!