Monday, January 5, 2009

It's random.

I don't really have anything exciting or profound to write today, but I figured I needed to update. I have been feeling really good lately. Unisom is probably the best invention ever. It has made me feel almost normal. If it weren't for my ever expanding tummy and tender....well you know whats.... I really wouldn't feel pregnant at all. I still haven't thrown up which is a HUGE blessing for me. Hopefully it will stay that way. I am now around 10 weeks pregnant but we'll know for sure how far along I am after the ultra sound which I am scheduled to have the 19th. Only two weeks to go. I am so excited to be able to hear the heartbeat and to be able to see the baby. Who knew that the doctors office would be open on a holiday. Martin Luther King day to be exact. It makes it nice for me because I don't have to find a sub and John is going to be able to come with me. This whole pregnancy thing is still unreal to him so I think that this will help it become more realistic for him.

I discovered something new yesterday. I was rubbing my tummy and it feels like there is cottage cheese under the surface. Not literally but it feels bumpy, you know, like little curds or something. My mom said it's normal for your body to do crazy things. It is really strange actually. By the way, I really think it is stupid that my stomach is growing already. Isn't it supposed to wait for awhile before growing? My pants still fit just fine, but my shirts are starting to feel a little snug. So stupid. Oh well. It probably just means that the baby is going to be huge and healthy.

This break has been a fun one for John and I. We have really enjoyed just being able to relax and to hang out together. We saw Bedtime Stories which I thought was really cute, we played games, John played halo (a lot), and we went to Nickelcade which was so fun. We were able to spend time together which was awesome and we were able to spend time with a lot of friends that we don't get to hang out with very often.

3 comments:

Pease Family said...

Pregnancy...ahh. If I could have babies without the pregnancy, I'd have my third already. I'm glad you are feeling good though! Don't worry about your growing tummy...it just grows faster and faster. You'll be a cute pregnant lady! Btw, my dr. told us at 12 weeks that he was pretty sure what the sex was for both babies, although that isn't for sure, so ask your dr if he can see!

Mallory Miller said...

Wait until child #2 and you will (well at least I do) look like you're nine months along at 20 weeks.... blah. But still it's so worth it!

Jessica said...

Enjoy every minute of it! I loved being pregnant and feeling the baby moving around inside of me!