Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lillie is TWO!

I can hardly believe that two years ago, our family of two became a family of three. 

I can't tell you how much I adore Lillie.  She brings so much joy into my life.  She is constantly delighting us with the things she does and says.  It amazes me how quickly she learns/ catches on to the things we teach her (or don't realize that we are teaching her.)  I feel so lucky to have such a talented, smart and beautiful daughter for my own.  She is going to be such a big help when her sister comes in 11 weeks.  I can't wait till they get to meet.  Here is one quick funny story.  A couple of days ago, Lillie saw my stomach moving for the first time.  She looked at me and then at my stomach and said, "that baby?"  I said yes.  Then she thought for a second, looked at me very seriously and said, "she's coming.  She's coming."  It made me laugh because I have no idea where she got that from. 

We didn't do much today to celebrate her birthday because we will be having a family party this weekend.  I did, however, decide that I wanted to take some pictures of her just for fun.  I really like the way they turned out.  Here are a few that I especially love.





Happy Birthday Lillie girl.  Your mom and dad sure love you!


1 comment:

Vindie said...

Wow, she is a little doll! I love the pictures! Can't believe our babies have gotten so old! Wish we lived closer so they could walk around and hold hands more often =).