Monday, October 12, 2009

2 Months


Last Wednesday, I took Lillie in for her 2 month appointment.  The doctor told me that she is healthy and thriving.  She now weighs in at 12 lbs. 12 3/4 oz. and is 24 inches long.  I am not too sure on what percentile she is in (I left the paper at my mom's house and keep forgetting to grab it) but I do know that she is in the 90's for her height and weight and in the 80's for her head size.  We are so glad that she is doing so well despite her acid reflux.

It was so hard to see her get her shots though.  As soon as they gave her that first shot, she looked up at me with a look that said, "you betrayed me"  and then she started crying.  a lot.  It made me cry to see her so sad.  The nurse even said that she had the saddest cry she had ever heard.  Lillie has this cry where she says "Buh-Wah, Buh-Wah"  and her chin shakes.  It is really so sad and so hard to listen to because you just want to make everything better.  I have only heard it a few times, which is probably why it is so hard to hear.

As soon as it was over though, she went right to sleep and slept most of the day and all night long!  I had to wake her up at 6 am to eat because I was.....overflowing.  after that she went back to sleep until 9.  It was crazy.

We are loving every minute with Lillie and we are loving the fact that her little personality is starting to show through.  She is a little jokester already and makes us laugh all the time.  She is seeing things really well and is very responsive and smiling.  Her neck is so strong and she holds her head up and is able to keep it steady.  We basically just love her to pieces and love being parents.



2 comments:

Vindie said...

I hate the shot thing!!! It only gets worse...sad to say! Livvy does the same crazy cry where she doesn't breath every time!! Lillie is so cute! I can't wait to see her soon!

Annie Rosdahl said...

I love that last picture it is so cute!